Tenor DX for Enterprises- Choice of 2, 4, 6 or 8 T1/E1/PRI spans
The Quintum® Tenor® DX MultiPath Switch offers
enterprises an easy, cost-effective way to capitalize on the power of
Voice over IP (VoIP). The Tenor integrates a gateway, a gatekeeper, intelligent
call routing, and supports H.323 or SIP,
and QoS all in one solution. Enterprises can benefit from a variety of valuable
applications such as PBX extension, remote office connectivity, long
distance consolidation and call centers. Product scales from a fractional T1/E1,
with 8 simultaneous VoIP channels up to a full 8 span MultiPath switch
supporting 120 simultaneous VoIP calls.
A more intelligent way to
The Tenor DX Series offers:
• SelectNet™ Auto-Switching provides superior voice quality
• Intelligent Call Routing
• Integrated H.323 gateway and gatekeeper or SIP User Agent
• From 8 to 120 VoIP channels
• Available with 1, 2, 3 or 4 T1/E1/PRI Spans
• IVR/Radius AAA Compliant (Multi-lingual IVR)
• Support for external Quintum Call Routing Server*
• Available in MultiPath or Gateway Configurations
Patented SelectNet™ Technology assures high quality voice.
The Tenor employs its patented SelectNet™ Technology to monitor calls for
jitter, packet loss, and latency, and can transparently switch mid-call to the
voice network whenever conditions demand.
More intelligence means greater flexibility.
With its MultiPath Call Routing, the Tenor can intelligently route calls between
the PBX, the PSTN, and the IP network to achieve the best combination of cost
and quality. The Tenor can also route calls over IP to reduce costs, and then
transparently "hop off" to the PSTN, to reach off-net locations. No other VoIP
solution can match this flexibility.
More intelligence means easier installation.
With its MultiPath architecture, the Tenor is the only VoIP solution that can be
installed without upgrades to the existing voice or data networks. Tenor
connects to the data network through a 10/100 Ethernet interface, and to the
enterprise and public voice network through a T1, E1, or PRI interface.
More intelligence means greater reliability.
The Tenor is designed to pass calls through to the existing voice network in the
event of system malfunction – even a total power failure.
More intelligence means less network congestion.
With its PacketSaver™ Technology, the Tenor reduces bandwidth consumption up to
57%, by combining voice packets from several calls into a single packet to
minimize bandwidth requirements.
NATAccess™ intelligence means greater security.
The Tenor VoIP MultiPath Switch also features a unique technology that allows it
to operate behind NAT-enabled firewalls. The innovative NATAccess™ solution
overcomes the problem of NAT firewalls not correctly translating internal IP
addresses into public addresses when a VoIP call is established with an outside
TENOR DX SPECIFICATIONS
CALL MANAGEMENT FEATURES
• Automatic call type detection: Voice/Modem/Fax
• Answer and Disconnect Supervision
• Trunk group support
• Public and private dial plan support
• User programmable dial plan support
• Automated load balancing
• Forced routing
• Pass-through support for calls to 800, 911, 411, etc.
• Automatic appending and stripping of digits to dialed numbers
• Call Detail Records
• Type I Caller ID delivery
• Voice algorithms: G.723.1a, G.729ab, G.726 ADPCM (no auto-negotiation), G.711
• Fax support: Industry standard T.38 and Group III at 2.4, 4.8, 7.2, 9.6, 14.4
• Modem over IP
• Choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4 T1/E1/PRI Spans
• Coding: A-law, µ-law
• Enhanced (Carrier Grade) Echo Cancellation: ITU Rec. G 168, up to 128 msec
• PRI Signaling Protocols: National ISDN-2, Euro ISDN NET5, Japan INS-NET1500,
KDD, 4ESS, 5ESS, DMS100
• T1 CAS (E&M, Loop Start, Feature Group-D, DTMF, MF)
• E1 CAS (R2 MF)
• Tandem/TDM switching
IP Network Specifications
• LAN Interface: Fast Ethernet port (10/100 Base-T)
• Standard RJ-45 Interface (IEEE 802.3) for 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T connections
• QoS Support: IP TOS, DiffServ monitoring and CDR monitoring
VoIP Network Specifications
• H.323 v.3 Gateway and Integrated Gatekeeper or SIP User Agent
• IVR/RADIUS server support for AAA with integrated multi-lingual IVR
• Adaptive Voice Activity Detection (VAD) with Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
• Adaptive Jitter Buffer
• Packet Loss Compensation
• Security: IP Filtering
• Up to 120 simultaneous VoIP calls
• Quintum Tenor Configuration Manager (GUI) for configuration of remote
• Quintum Tenor Monitor (GUI) for alarm monitoring, call monitoring and CDR
• SNMP v2 Agent
• Command Line Interface
Dimensions (1U High Chassis)
• W 17 3/8" x H 1 3/4" x D 10 3/4"
• W 44.5cm x H 4.5cm x D 27.6cm
• Maximum weight: 8.25 lbs (3.75kg)
• AC Power: 100-240 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 50 watts
• Operating temperature: 40° - 104° F (5° - 40° C)
• Operating humidity: 20% - 80% non-condensing
• Telco: FCC Part 68, TS-016, TBR4, TS-038
• EMC: FCC Part 15 Class A, EN55022 Class A (CISPR 22), AS/3548, VCCI
• Safety: UL, IEC 60950, TS001
Quintum VoIP Products