RAD APD-8 8-Channel FRAD/X.25 PAD
- 8-channel async FRAD / X.25 PAD
- Async data rate up to 115.2 kbps
- SLIP/PPP supported on all async ports
- One synchronous Frame Relay / X.25 link operating
at data rate of up to 2 Mbps
- Telnet client / server to support terminal / server
- SNMP management via RADview PC/UNIX platforms
- FLASH memory for software upgrade
- APD-8 provides access to public or private Frame
Relay networks. Async data is sent directly over the Frame Relay or
encapsulated over X.25 / Frame Relay (Annex G), to achieve maximum
reliability (see Figure 2).
- A unique funneling mechanism adjusts feeder
throughput to CIR levels.
- LMI and ANSI PVC management protocols are supported
and operation is in compliance with ANSI T1.606, T1.618, T1.617, Annex D,
and ITU Rec. Q.922 Annex A.
- X.25-configured links support permanent virtual
circuits (PVCs) or switched virtual circuits (SVCs). Link packet size is
up to 4096 bytes.
- APD-8 supports both mandatory and additional ITU
- Dial-up X.25 links are supported via a dial-up
modem controlled by a DTR signal or V.25 bis commands.
- APD-8 supports X.25 multicasting.
- APD-8 supports X.32 protocol for a dial-up X.25
link. This enables users to access an X.25 network remotely, via a dial-up
modem with X.32, or to use the backup dial-up link for an X.25 or Frame
- All async channels can act according to X.3, X.28
and X.29 profiles, at traffic speeds of up to 115.2 kbps. Async traffic
can be packetized directly over Frame Relay network, or packetized over
the X.25 network. All channels are configured and monitored by the
management agent of APD-8.
- Each one of the APD-8 ports can be configured to
SLIP or PPP modes, operating at data rates of up to 115.2 kbps.
- PPP, Frame Relay, or X.25 can be transmitted over
an ISDN physical interface (`S' interface).
- APD-8 supports dialed and leased lines.
- ISDN support includes up to 128 kbps (Bundle two B
- APD-8 supports Connection On Demand (COD), which
enables the opening of the ISDN line only when real data is available.
When an inactivity period occurs, the ISDN session is terminated. This is
an added cost saving feature.
- APD-8 contains an SNMP agent, which enables remote
configuration, collection of statistics / status reports, and diagnostics.
The management agent can be programmed to periodically send statistics /
status reports to a maximum of five management stations.
- Configuration, monitoring and controlling of all
network resources can be performed from a RADview-PC or RADview-HPOV/UNIX
SNMP management station.
- A management station can be connected directly to
APD-8 using PPP or SLIP.
- APD-8 SNMP agent supports private and standard MIBs,
including MIB II with RFC 1213, RFC 1381 and RFC 1382 for X.25, and RFC
1315 for Frame Relay.
8-port FRAD / X.25 PAD
||Specify optional DC power supply:
24 for 24 VDC
48 for 48 VDC
||Specify main link interface:
V24T for V.24/RS-232 (DTE)
V24C for V.24/RS-232 (DCE)
V35T for V.35 (DTE)
V35C for V.35 (DCE)
V36T for V.36 (DTE)
X21T for V.21 (DTE)
530T for RS-530 (DTE)
IBE for ISDN BRI `S' interface
IBU for ISDN BRI `U' interface
DDS for integral CSU/DSU
UTP for 10BaseT interface
Figure 1. Terminal / Server Emulation Application
Figure 2. Reliable Async over Frame Relay