- The FCD-24 is an Integrating Multiplexer for E1 and
Fractional E1 services. Two or four synchronous data channels and one E1
sub-link can be connected over the public E1 network, while paying only
for the bandwidth required. The E1 sub-link enables PABX connection to the
- Four FCD-24 models are available:
FCD-24 with four synchronous data channels;
FCD-24/E1 with four synchronous data channels and one E1 sub-link;
FCD-24-2 with two synchronous data channels;
FCD-24-2/E1 with two synchronous data channels and one E1 sub-link.
- Data rates are selectable for any multiple of 64
kbps. Selectable timeslotting places data into timeslots (DSOs) either
consecutively (bundled), or by user-definition (without restrictions).
Selected timeslots on the E1 sub-link are bypassed to the same timeslots
on the E1 main link.
- Data channel interfaces available are V.35, X.21,
RS-530 or V.36/RS-449. (V.36/RS-449 is converted from RS-530 via cables
supplied with V.36 interface option - see Ordering.)
- The FCD-24 is compatible with virtually all
carrier-provided E1 services, meeting all requirements of ITU-T G.703,
G.704 and G.732. It supports 2 or 16 frames per multiframe, with or
without CRC-4. Zero suppression over the line is HDB3. An optional
integral LTU (Line Termination Unit) supports ranges up to 1.6 km (1
mile), enabling the FCD-24 to be used as a multi-channel short range modem
for private applications.
- Multiple clock source selection allows the E1 main
link to be clocked from the recovered clock (LBT), from the data channel
source, from E1 sub-link, or from an internal oscillator.
- Data channels may be set to DCE (FCD-24 provides RX
and TX clocks to user equipment), DTE1 (FCD-24 provides RX clock to user,
while TX clock is received from user) or DTE2 (both clocks received from
user) clocking modes.
- The E1 sub-link transmit clock is locked to the E1
main link clock. The receive clock can be used as an external clock source
for the E1 main link transmit clock.
- Setup, control and monitoring of status and
diagnostic information can be activated from the front panel or via a
terminal or PC connected to the supervisory port.
- Remote line diagnostics, alarm information, unit
configuration and other control/monitoring information can be accessed
remotely via dial-up modems.
- Maintenance capabilities include local and remote
loopbacks at various points, as well as built-in BERT for rapid
identification of faults.
- For dial-out operation, the FCD-24 activates the
modem to automatically dial a pre-programmed number whenever an alarm
- Integrates high speed data with a PABX E1 link into
E1 or Fractional E1 services
- Two or four data channels, optional E1 sub-link
- V.35, X.21, RS-530 or V.36/RS-449 interfaces
- Sync data rate:
n x 64 kbps
- Selectable 2 or 16 frames per multiframe with CRC-4
- Multiple clock sources
- Setup and control via front panel or supervisory
- Complies with ITU-T G.703, G.704 and G.732
- Dial-out on alarm events
- Can be used as a multi-channel short range modem
Integrating E1 Multiplexer with 4 channels
Integrating E1 Multiplexer with 2 channels
||Specify E1 for E1 sub-link
(default is without sub-link)
||Specify data channels interface:
V35 for V.35 interface (default)
X21 for X.21 interface
530 for RS-530 interface
V36 for V.36/RS-449 interface
(via supplied conversion cables)
||Specify LTU for integral LTU
(default is without LTU)