RAD IMX-4T1 6
Mbps Inverse Multiplexer
Call us for
Pre-sales and discount pricing
RAD IMX-4T1 6
Mbps Inverse Multiplexer
- The IMX-4T1 Inverse Multiplexer enables
splitting and transmitting a high speed data channel of up to 5.888
Mbps, over up to four T1 links. IMX-4T1 spans the bandwidth gap
between T1 and T3, providing increased bandwidth where services higher
than T1 are either not available or are too expensive.
- IMX-4T1 can be ordered with either 2 or 4 T1
links. For long range applications, a built-in CSU for each of the
links is available.
- Differential delays of up to 64 msec between
the T1 lines are tolerated. IMX-4T1 compensates for such delays, and
the original stream is reconstructed. The end-to-end delay of the
IMX-4T1 is not more than the maximum differential delay between the
- The automatic rate fallback feature ensures
that the logical channel remains open even if individual T1 links
fail, by automatically dropping to the next lower rate. When failed
links are recovered, IMX-4T1 automatically returns to the original
- IMX-4T1 provides immediate connection to
installed applications. The user data port is available with the
following sync data interfaces: V.35, RS-530, V.36/RS-449, X.21 or
HSSI. The data rate can be any multiple of 1.472 Mbps, up to a total
of 5.888 Mbps.
- An Ethernet Bridge port can be ordered instead
of a sync data port interface. The Ethernet bridge port option allows
direct connection to LAN and provides self learning and extensive
packet filtering. The Ethernet bridge has 10BaseT (UTP) interface, and
fully complies with IEEE 802.3.
- The Ethernet bridge uses an Enhanced Tinygram
compression algorithm, enabling it to utilize bandwidth more
efficiently and thus reduce the required number of T1 lines.
- Two user-selectable clock modes are available
for the sync type data port:
- DCE: IMX-4T1 provides both TX and RX clocks to user DTE.
- External-DCE: IMX-4T1 provides RX clock to user while receiving TX
clock from user.
- System timing options include:
- Internal clock: the internal oscillator is the source for T1 links.
- Loopback: the T1 transmit clock is derived from one of the T1
- Station clock: the T1 transmit clock is the source for
framed/unframed all "1"s or G.703 compatible.
- Setup, control, status, alarms and diagnostic
information are provided via the front panel LCD display or an ASCII
- Diagnostics capabilities include:
- Local/remote data port loopback
- Local/remote T1 links loopback
- V.52 BERT.
IMX-4T1 also supports the T1 network loopback
per AT&T 62411 (in-band code activated), with statistical diagnostic
capability according to AT&T PUB 54016.
- The supervisory port supports dial-in/dial-out
for remote out-of-band configuration and monitoring (dial-in), as well
as for alarm reporting (dial-out).
- Compliance is provided for ACCUNET Fractional
T45 Service (AT&T), which allows choosing new transmission speeds
higher than T1 rates.
- Provides inverse multiplexing to transmit a single
high speed data channel over up to 4 T1 links
- Data rates from 1.472 to 5.888 Mbps, with automatic
- Sync data port interfaces: V.35, RS-530,
V.36/RS-449, X.21 or HSSI
- Optional full remote Ethernet bridge for data port
- Complies with:
- ITU Rec. G.703, G.704
- AT&T TR-62411
- ANSI T1.403
- AT&T ACCUNET Fractional T45 Service
- Several system and data port timing options
- Compensates for differential delay of up to 64 msec
- Built-in BERT (V.52) and remote/local loopbacks
- Control via front panel or ASCII terminal
T1 Inverse Multiplexer
||Specify number of T1 links
2 for 2 T1 links
4 for 4 T1 links
||Specify data port interface
V35 for V.35 interface
530 for RS-530 interface
V36 for V.36/RS-449 interface (via supplied conversion cable)
X21 for X.21 interface
HSSI for high speed serial interface
ET for Ethernet port (UTP interface)
||Specify CSU for built-in CSU (default is
For discount pricing on RAD Data
email us at email@example.com
or call 301-924-7400