- SPD-703-1, an Advanced Rate and Interface
Converter, converts between the ITU G.703 codirectional (64 kbps)
interface and several standard data communication interfaces.
- Operating full duplex at a data rate of 64 kbps,
SPD-703-1 has a range of up to 800m (0.5 mile) from the G.703 equipment.
- SPD-703-1 acts as a rate adapter for connecting 48
or 56 kbps DTE equipment to a 64 kbps G.703 line. At 56 or 48 kbps, one
control signal may be transferred end-to-end. Alternately, the available
bandwidth can be used for a 1200 bps async secondary subchannel for
connecting additional DTE equipment over the same link.
- SPD-703-1 features ITU V.54 diagnostics, enabling
local analog loopback and local and remote digital loopback tests. The
loops are manually activated either by front panel switches or from the
DTE interface (except for X.21).In addition to the loops, a front panel
PATT switch generates a pseudo-random test pattern (511 bits), according
to the ITU V.52 standard for testing end-to-end error free connectivity.
- SPD-703-1 is available either as a standalone unit,
or as a card for the ASM-MN-214 19" modem rack.
- Special hardware for mounting the standalone unit
in a 19" rack can be ordered separately. This hardware enables the
installation of either one unit or two units side-by-side.
- Conversion between G.703 codirectional interface
and V.24, V.35, V.36 (RS-422), X.21, RS-530 interfaces, or a built-in
- Selectable data rates: 48, 56 or 64 kbps
- Selectable transmit timing source
- Line protection circuits
- Meets G.823 jitter requirements
- V.54 diagnostic (loops 2 and 3)
- Internal test pattern generator
- ITU V.110 compatible (conversion of 56 to 64 kbps)
- Second asynchronous subchannel up to 1.2 kbps
Card version, for the ASM-MN-214 modem rack
19" modem rack for 14 modem cards
||Specify DTE interface:
530 for RS-530 interface
V24 for V.24 interface
V35 for V.35 interface
V36 for V.36/RS-422 interface via an adapter cable
X21 for X.21 interface
UTP for built-in Ethernet/802.3 bridge with RJ-45 connector
BNC for built-in Ethernet/802.3 bridge with BNC connector
||Specify standalone and rack main power supply:
100 for 100 VAC operation ±10%
115 for 115 VAC operation ±10%
230 for 230 VAC operation ±10%
48 for VDC operation from -42 VDC to -60 VDC
24 for VDC operation from 18 VDC to 32 VDC
||Specify second power supply (redundant,
For ordering options, see main power supply.
Connector Interface Adapter
for the ASM-MN-214 19" rack
V35/1 for adapting one modem card's 25-pin
connector to one V.35, 34-pin connector
X21 for adapting two adjacent modem cards' 25-pin
connectors to two X.21, 15-pin connectors